Terms & Conditions
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT ACCEPT HEN OR STAG PARTIES OR BOOKINGS WHERE THE ENTIRE PARTY ARE AGED UNDER 25 YEARS OLD. Should we find out a property has been booked for a hen or stag party or by a party of under 25’s we reserve the right to cancel the booking and if guests have already arrived they will be asked to leave.
- The hirer named in the booking confirmation must be aged 21 years or over.
- The number of people occupying the property is limited to that stated in the brochure or website, unless by prior consent with the owner.
- Children under the age of 18 should not be left unaccompanied in the property at any time.
- Any subletting, sharing or assigning is prohibited unless by prior consent with the owner.
- The hirer is responsible for leaving the property clean and tidy, failure to comply may result in an excess cleaning charge.
- Where loss or damage has occurred, the hirer will be liable for any damage costs.
- To book online please submit your booking request. We will review your request and contact you shortly after to confirm or decline your booking. All bookings are provisional until a deposit is received and your booking is confirmed in writing by us.
- To book by e-mail or telephone please note that bookings are provisional until a deposit is received and your booking is confirmed in writing by us.
- The hirer whose name appears on the booking form accepts all terms and conditions on behalf of all other members of the party and ensures that the party adhere to all terms and conditions.
- Reservations are from 4pm on the day of arrival until 10am on the day of departure. Unauthorised late departures may be subject to charge.
- Please contact us prior to your arrival with your expected arrival time to arrange entry to your accommodation. (+44 (0)1383 881238)
- The owner reserves the right to change any or all advertised prices for the let of this property without notice.
- The hirer accepts that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to any persons in the opinion of the owner not suitable to take charge or anyone causing a disturbance or nuisance.
- Any disturbance to neighbours or complaints will result in the hirer and guests being asked to leave the property and no refund will be given.
- The hirer and guests agree to absolve the owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any causes whatsoever.
- The hirer agrees to use the property solely for its intended purpose as self-catering holiday accommodation. Accordingly, Section 12(2) and Paragraphs of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply to the letting to the hirer.
- The hirer agrees to allow the owner or agents access to the property at all reasonable times. We will only ever request access to your property in case of an emergency, e.g. a water leak.
- The hirer agrees to be responsible for shutting all exterior doors and appropriate windows and securing the cottage and summerhouse when absent or sleeping.
- Items left behind are kept for four weeks, after which they are disposed of at the owner's discretion. There is a minimum postage and packaging charge of £10 for items returned.
Deposit & Balance Payment
- An initial deposit of 50% of the full rental price is required on booking.
- The remaining balance is payable 6 weeks prior to arrival.
- If a booking is made less than 6 weeks prior to the rental period, full payment is required to secure the booking.
- Confirmation of the booking will normally be made to you via e-mail within 3 days of receipt of the deposit payment.
- Bookings will be held for one week only awaiting your deposit or full payment.
- Failure to pay the balance of rental charges by the due date (6 weeks before arrival) will result in the Owner cancelling the booking, in which case the deposit will not be refunded. We are not obliged to send reminders, the date on which the balance is due is clearly indicated on the booking confirmation.
- A £150 refundable security payment is required to be paid with the final balance (6 weeks prior to arrival), to cover any breakages or damage whilst staying in the property and any excessive cleaning costs incurred during your stay.
- Any additional cleaning hours will be charged at a rate of £15 per hour if the property is left in an extremely dirty, untidy and unsatisfactory condition.
- The security payment will be returned after the rental period following a complete and satisfactory check of the property and it’s contents.
- Whilst we try to ensure the funds are returned promptly, it may take up to 7 days for this payment to be made.
To Make A Payment
- To make a payment we accept bank transfers, debit and credit cards or a cheque made out to ‘The Den’.
- When paying by bank transfer please ensure that you pay all bank charges, we will not be liable for any charges and will add on any bank charges to the cost of your booking.
In the Event of Cancellation
- In the event of cancellation the hirer will forfeit the deposit.
- If less than 4 weeks notice is given, full fee is payable and non refundable, unless the same dates are re-let, at which point the balance payment will be refunded.
- As this is a legal contract it is advisable to insure against cancellation.
- Notice of cancellation should be made immediately by telephone, and then confirmed in writing/email to Audrey Stirling.
- Bookings are made at the owner’s discretion and in good faith in the belief that the accommodation will be placed at your disposal for the type and dates stated. If for any reason this is not possible through circumstances not under our control (e.g. fire, theft or damage) we cannot guarantee to provide alternative accommodation. In such an event the deposit will be refunded in full and as such you will have no claim against the owner.
- The owner reserves the right to alter or amend the facilities or amenities available without prior notice.
Damages to Land and Farm Machinery
- No fires are to be lit on any part of the grounds or surrounding land.
- Guests must not touch any farm machinery, implements or vehicles.
- Guests must not enter any farm buildings unless permission is granted by the owner.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Well behaved pets are allowed by prior arrangement with the owner.
- No pets are allowed in the bedrooms.
- Please bring all your own bedding for your pets.
- Dogs cannot be left unattended in the cottage but may be left in the outdoor kennel for short periods of time.
- Please ensure you pick up all dog poo and dispose of in bags and place in the blue rubbish bin.
- Smoking is not permitted in the cottage, summerhouse, outbuildings or agricultural sheds.
- All vehicles are left at the guests’ risk.
- All vehicles must be parked in the designated parking area.
Arrival / Departure
- The rental commences at 4pm on the day of your arrival.
- The rental ceases at 10am on the day of your departure.
- We can be flexible with arrival and departure times if agreed in advance and no other bookings are affected.
- We hold and inventory of items in the house, no items may be removed from the house. This includes linen and towels.
- Any breakages or damage must be reported to the owner immediately where a cost will be agreed and the hirer will be billed.
- Additional payment will be required from any person who soils a mattress.
- New mattresses will be charged at a rate of £150 per single.
- The hot tub is complimentary with the rental of the cottage, there is no charge to use it. Any disturbance to neighbours when using the hot tub will cause the hot tub to be locked and no longer in use for the duration of your stay.
- Prior to your stay with us the hirer will be asked to sign a “Hot Tub Disclaimer” form. This must be returned to us before any members of your party can use the hot tub. The hirer who signs the “Hot Tub Disclaimer” form will be responsible for the hot tub operation during their stay.
- The hirer is responsible for ensuring all guests health & safety when using the complimentary hot tub. Health & safety notices, which are displayed in the summerhouse and beside the hot tub must be read and observed.
- Prior to using the hot tub you must read the guidance and instruction notes for the hot tub.
- Please note that there may be occasions where, for health and safety reasons, the water in the hot tub will have to be changed during your stay. This will make the hot tub inoperable for up to 24 hours. There may also be occasions where unexpected maintenance is required on the hot tub during your stay.
- We, the owners, cannot be held responsible for any faults that occur, due to unforeseen circumstances, prior to or during your stay which leave the hot tub inoperable. We will always try to ensure that the hot tub is in working order.
- Extra towels for the hot tub are not included, please bring your own.
- Please notify us immediately if you notice any problems with the hot tub.
The owners cannot accept, be responsible for or be liable in respect of loss, damage or changes caused by Force Majeure (e.g. strikes, floods, closure of airports, weather conditions or other events beyond our control).
The owners do not accept any liability whatsoever for personal injury, accidents, death, loss or damage to persons or personal effects however caused. Whilst we would endeavour to advise you before you travel, the owners cannot be held responsible for any noise, disruption or inconvenience caused by ongoing construction, alterations to existing houses or any other similar circumstances that is beyond our control.
Data Protection and Privacy
Any personal information which you give us at any point will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and your details will not be passed on to any third party.
All bookings are made on the clear understanding that the above constitutes the Terms and Conditions of the booking, and that they are accepted as such. No discussion will be entered into regarding these Terms and Conditions at anytime during your stay